TIP: The best posters demonstrate a strong connection between YOUR character attributes, other poster elements and future ambitions – use this self-refection to help you work out what kind of person you want to become. Think about your vision for a better world; what kind of world would you like to see in the future and what could you do now to take action on this vision and become a more active citizen?
Don’t rush – reflect first, and write from the heart! These questions should help you reflect so that you can answer each question well. Please record your answers on a separate sheet of paper and write the final version on your poster.
This film might help to inspire you!
A. What kind of person do you want to be?
• Looking back on your inspirational figure, do you want to be like them?
• Is there a particular job or person you look up to?
• How would you want your friends to describe you as a person?
B. What do you want to achieve in your life?
• What do you hope to accomplish in the next two years?
• What do you hope to accomplish in the next five years?
• What do you hope to accomplish in the next ten years?
• What do you hope to accomplish in the next twenty years?
C. What is your vision for a better world?
• What changes do you want to see to the world in the future?
• Are you passionate about climate change or animal rights or another global issue?
• Do you want to find a cure for a disease or end world poverty?
• This is about you, what difference do you want to see in your world?
D. Based upon your vision for a better world, what can you do this week, month, or within the next few months to take action on this vision?
• What will you personally do to bring this vision to life? What will you do to make a difference?
• Think about what you could start doing in the next few weeks that will help bring your vision to life. It doesn’t need to be anything grand. What small things could you start doing now?
What steps do you need to take to make your vision a reality?
• Complete the prompt: “I will…”
The ‘Example Posters’ on this page might help http://www.inspiringpurpose.org.uk/impact